Friday, October 7, 2011

Philippians

Philippians was a letter, a short one at that, penned by Paul to a church that he loved and cared about. When I read it this time my focus was on the "Joy" bits and in just 4 chapters, "joy" and "rejoice" is used 14 times, the word "glad" is used 3 times and "cheered" is used once.

chapter 1:3-6 is a great opening, "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

The first point my study Bible offered for me to consider was: Think of Christian friends separated from you by miles. Praise God for them and for what he is dong in their lives.

Presently nearly all of my friends are separated from me by miles and lately I have been pretty sad about it, but today I was encouraged to thank God for them, and so i did and enjoyed taking the time to let them know so too. I believe that rejoicing can lead to more rejoicing and when I am thankful a heart of gladness can pump joy in healthy ways.


Philippians
by: Paul
4.5 pages in large leather Bible
written about A.D. 62 from prison
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment