Friday, January 10, 2014

Jesus Calling


Jesus Calling
by Sarah Young
382 pages
2004

I had never heard of the unique daily devotional Jesus Calling until a friend gave me a leather copy for Christmas 2012.  I began reading it the first day of January 2013 and it took me about a month to get used to the point of view of Jesus talking to me, as the reader, in each of the daily entries.  For a while I was reading out of discipline and I did not write in the book, as i did not know if i would really like it and maybe if not i might pass it along.  Somewhere in the year, it happened where I so looked forward to each of the days readings and as my prayer time with Jesus increased over the areas He was addressing through scripture, I knew it would be a journal I would read again and again.

This year as I read I underline the bits that are personal to me, and like last year I look the recorded scripture verses up in my Bible for further context, but this year I underline them in my NLT with purple and excited to see all the places where Jesus really cares for me!   Through the year, I have heard of more and more ladies share with me how this book has affected them for good too (some even have it on their i-phone).  I fully recommend it and so thankful for having my own copy and will not be giving this one away, but may purchase other ones to give as gifts.  :)  Thank you Sarah Young for being still to hear from Jesus and I pray for  that desire to grow within me as well.  Thank You Jesus for Your Presence, Your wisdom and Your continual loving care.

No comments:

Post a Comment