Sunday, February 9, 2014

Romans


Romans
by Paul, the apostle
written 57 A.D.
16 chapters, about 14 pages 

Recently (Feb 2014) I received a list of passages, from a friend that goes to The Grove, that help to give a Biblical identity of those that are in God's family. As a number of them were from Paul's letter to those in Rome, I decided today to read the 16 chapter letter and look for clues that show me my identity.  This is what I have found: 

 1:7       I'm beloved of God and called to be a saint

3:24      I'm justified by his grace and redeemed

4:7-8    I'm blessed as one forgiven

5:1        I'm made right in God's sight by faith and have peace with God through Jesus 

5:2       I'm able to rejoice in hope of the glory of God

5:3-5   I'm able to rejoice in troubles, for through them God is building and strengthening me

5:8       I'm loved

5:9       I'm saved from wrath

5:10-11    I'm rejoicing in reconciliation to God

5:20   I'm one who receives God's grace that far supersedes my sin 

6:7     I'm freed from sin

6:11    I'm dead to sin and alive to God 

6:19   I'm a slave of righteousness

6:23   I'm given the gift of eternal life

8:1      I'm freed of condemnation 

8:2     I'm freed from the sin/death cycle 

8:10    I'm one in which God's Spirit dwells

8:14    I'm a child of God, led by His Spirit 

8:15    I'm adopted!
8:17    I'm a co-heir with Jesus.

8:29    I'm able to be conformed to the image of Jesus

8:31    I'm protected. God is for me 

8:32    I'm freely given all things

8:35&39    I'm inseparable from God's love 

8:37    I'm more than a conqueror through Jesus.

9:26    I'm a child of the living God.

12:5    I'm one body in Jesus

12:6    I'm given gifts to use

14:8   I'm one who belongs to the Lord!

15:13  I'm filled with hope and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment