Monday, September 12, 2011

Ginger Pye


One day while at the Grace school library to pick up a book I had on hold, I saw a book that Beth Lewis had on hold (and she was not due back until after summer) and thought, I bet if Beth wants to read this it would be a good book and with Sophie (our dog lover) visiting, it seemed to be a good choice. However, life got really busy with our move and related things to end well in Chiang Mai and I did not get to finish this charming book...but maybe by posting it, I will not forget it and get to enjoy it again at a later time.

Written in 1951, we get a glimspe into the days of the Pye family as they bring a puppy named Ginger into their lives in Cranbury.
I have a feeling it would be a great great read- aloud to kiddos.
Jerry and Rachel are clever siblings and it looks like Ginger is a very clever addition to their family.  Even though I did not get to read it through, it was an interesting book and I like how they have an uncle younger than they are and one day all three kiddos worked to clean the church...how else were they able to get the money needed to buy the cute puppy?


Ginger Pye
by Eleanor Estes (author of Pinky Pye and The Moffats)
306 pages paperback
The book was originally published in 1951 and it won the Newberry Medal for excellence in 1952.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment