Monday, September 12, 2011

The Story Teller ~ Promises

Promises was recommended to me by my friend Raffia who received it from our friend Kellie and although it has taken me forever to read (first started it on a plane to Burma, then took it on into China and finished it up in Thailand) I'm so glad that I read it on  through, enjoying several chapters as I hula-hooped.

The man with a hundred wrinkles tells the history of Israel in an ongoing camp-fire chat with small gathering of freinds from the People of Promise. He begins with king Jeroboam II all the way through to the birth of the One who "shall be a great king of the royal line of Shepherd. He shall conqueer every kingdom and heal every hurt and bring peace to the Blue Planet."

This book comes complete with a glossary for important names and places and the reading of the story then is fresh and intriguing.  Promises is one book of four in the Story Tellers Series.


Promises
by Steve Stevens
paperback 204 pages
2000
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment