Wednesday, November 2, 2011

You! God's Brand-New Idea

You! God’s Brand-New Idea
Made to be Amazing
Max Lucado
189 pages hardback
Published: 2007

When I joined my friend Criss Norris to worship God at her new church, visitors were blessed with a gift, a little book by Max Lucado. So as Russ and I traveled I would read through the short chapters of the book that is compiled from 16 books that he has written through the years. As the title suggests, the book is about the readers’ uniqueness and then out of that uniqueness God has special ways in which each are to contribute so that He is pleased with the life we are living.  It is a book filled with encouragement and really does not need to be read in any order as each little section is a snip-it that contains a nugget of truth independent of the bit before or after it. 
Max has supporting scripture for each of the 8 sections and although none of it is really new information to me, it is good to reread again that I was made unique by God, for his purpose…to know that purpose.  we can dream knowing that it is for God’s glory, that I can fit into his plan, and ultimately I’m made to love and be loved.  I like that towards the end he says that worship is the cure to the common life…I believe that because when I love God in worship some many of the questions of how am I to live fade into gratitude to God for life and my desire to please him, talk with him, honor him increases.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment