Friday, March 16, 2012

Playing for Pizza

Playing for Pizza
author: John Grisham
pages: 258 hardback
2007

Oh my goodness!  I read this book then totally forgot it even before I could review it!  As this was my first John Grisham novel I had high expectations and hopefully someone somewhere else down the road will recommend to me another one, as this one did not appeal to me.
One thing I do remember were the good use of description of food, the descriptions of small towns in Italy and that the story was about American football (not a sport that holds my interest).  I did enjoy Grisham's ability to kind of make me feel that I was there in Parma, Italy, but I guess I did not really want to be.
It may have been that I was in the process of moving out of Thailand so my thoughts were on other things as I read about this footballer trying to hold on to his sport any way he could.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment